*Note: This is an updated version of a tutorial originally published in February 2012. This new-and-improved tutorial explains how to see your list of “Likes” using Facebook’s Timeline for brand pages.
A Blogging Bistro reader asks:
On my Facebook Fan Page, I used to be able to click on the number of “Likes” to see the list of names and learn who my newest fans were.
Now when I click on it, it takes me to the Insights page and shows me graphs and numbers, but no way to access the names. Am I missing something, or did they do away with this feature?
To see a list of people who like your page, click “View Insights,” which is located directly below your cover photo, on the righthand side.
From your Insights page, click the “Likes” tab.
Now, glance over to the right side of your screen and you’ll see a button that says “Export Data.”
Directly below that button is a small link that says, “See Likes.”
Click “See Likes” link and you’ll get a pop-down menu where you can choose to view your page’s likes by People, Pages, Admins, or Banned.
When you are viewing your page’s likes, you can also appoint page admins from this area. To learn about page admin privileges, read my post, “How to assign admin roles to Facebook fan pages.”
A second way see your list of Page likes:
1. Make sure you are using Facebook as your Page’s persona. To do that, locate the “Home” tab in the upper righthand corner of your screen, inside the blue Facebook navigation bar.
2. From the “Home” dropdown menu, select “Use Facebook as” and click the name of your Facebook fan page (NOT your personal profile).
3. Go back to the blue navigation bar that runs across the top of your screen. You’ll see three icons to the right of the Facebook logo. The first icon has a silhouette of people on it. Click that icon, and it’ll show you your latest “likes.”
4. You can then “See all” by clicking the link inside the pop up box.
5. You can filter the “see all” by People, Pages, Admins, and Banned.
Thanks to alert reader, Gloria Rand, for spotting the “Likes” link on the Insights page.
Note: Several readers have alerted me that these two methods show a maximum of 500 of your fans. I have no idea why Facebook limits the amount of “likes” you can see. Makes things difficult for those of us who’d like complete access to our fans — which is probably all of us.
If anyone has discovered a method for viewing ALL your fans, please share it with us.